From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Copyright assignment and headers in ebuilds
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:07:10
I have a mostly user written ebuild in which he has put his copyright to
the header instead of the standard one so repoman is not happy about it.
What is the model we should follow these days? Since developers haven't
been doing copyright assignment for a while there's so much of the tree
that isn't actually under Gentoo Foundation copyright as far as I
understand it so should we just allow adding individual developers to
the headers along the Foundation? I will be adding a question about this
to the quizzes when we get some decision done so that new developers get
educated on this (probably also need to have this documented somewhere
on your web pages).