From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] A committee to review umbrellas as a new home for Gentoo assets.
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 10:04:30
1 On 2017.01.16 22:38, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > According to the bylaws and NM law, the board may direct the formation
3 > of
4 > specific committees. I recommend we form an adhoc research committee
5 > to do
6 > the following:
7 >
8 > 1) Draw up a list of requirements for umbrella organizations (output,
9 > a
10 > document of requirements.)
11 > 2) Draw up a list of umbrella organizations (SPI, SFC, etc.)
12 > 3) Evaluate each umbrella organization with regards to requirements in
13 > 1.
14 > 4) Provide a non-binding recommendation to the board.
15 >
16 > NM law requires a committee have at least 2 board members, I nominate
17 > myself and Robin. The committee may enlist the assistance of non-board
18 > members (many of whom are CC'd; I also CC'd gentoo-project as there
19 > are
20 > similar threads there.
21 >
22 > Forming such a committee requires a vote of the board; I will put this
23 > on
24 > the Agenda for the February meeting of the board and we can vote at
25 > that
26 > time.
27 >
28 > -A
31 Alec,
32
33 The vote could be on the alias and announced by email.
34 There is no need to wait until Feb 26 to vote to 'do it'.
37 Regards,
38
39 Roy Bamford
40 (Neddyseagoon) a member of