From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: foundation update...
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:15:57
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:27:00AM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > I think that's about it for the moment. We have 13 trustees, so it's
3 > entirely possible that people are working on things that I don't know
4 > about. We should really fix that.
5
6 I've been trying to contact a few (dozen) sites that are violating the
7 guidelines set forth on the Gentoo g logo usage; not much reply on it
8 though. Luckily some of them do reply positively.
9
10 Many sites consider the g-logo a community logo and feel that they are free
11 to use it any way they like, including offering t-shirts and such that
12 "look" official but have no link whatsoever with the Gentoo Foundation.
13
14 Wkr,
15 Sven Vermeulen
18 Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org