From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Foundation Routine Trivia
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:36:14
1 On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 21:18 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Team,
6 >
7 > Some random loose ends to ponder.
8 >
9 > 1. I would like to set a meetings calendar going through to the end of
10 > February 2009, by which time we shall either be reelected or new
11 > trustees will be in office (unless the rules change)
12
13 I agree, and we can add this as a requirement to the meetings section of
14 the by laws. Which I will see about commenting on ASAP. I have several
15 thoughts there.
16
17 > I also propose that the January meeting be our Annual General Meeting,
18 > which is a legal requirement. Its here we accept the reports from the
19 > officers (that's us) and kick off the election process. That fits
20 > nicely with elections.
21
22 Legalities aside, I am not sure the election process has been tied to a
23 meeting. I wasn't sure about that annual meeting section. Which I also
24 feel we need a monthly meeting section. Not to mention the stipulation
25 of a published meeting calendar in advance.
26
27 > There is a counter argument that says the AGM should be June 15th as
28 > out tax year ends on 30 June. Please discuss.
29 > Whatever we decide, others that follow will be stuck with.
30
31 That might be something to get some advice on, from either a CPA or tax
32 attorney. I am not sure if there are liabilities to the changing of
33 guard mid year. With the new ones assuming liabilities from the previous
34 administration. Depends on how much we indemnify the trustees from their
35 actions in later sections. If per say 0 liability, likely moot, as long
36 as things don't get screwed up wrt to paper work and filings at year
37 end. Due to change of guard mid fiscal year.
38
39 > 2. We need to get a few words in the GMN every month. With fixed
40 > meetings, they can be in forthcoming events every issue.
41 > We also need to follow the council example and advertise logs and
42 > summaries. That sounds like the secretaries job to me.
43
44 +1
45
46 More throwing Tom under the bus :) Surely not on purpose, should be
47 fairly light weight. We don't need much in GMN but regular info on what
48 the foundation is up to, etc.
49
50 > We need to establish a routine and this sort of stuff helps.
51
52 And we can add it to the by laws ;)
55 William L. Thomson Jr.
56 amd64/Java/Trustees