From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Potential Bylaw violation in 2017 Foundation member removal
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 17:29:39
1 On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 9:37 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > It is my personal view that voting is required to show interest in the
5 > foundation and that interest is required so as to not act against the
6 > interests of the foundation. If you disagree with that, it's OK, it is
7 > my opinion. You are free to not vote for me (or vote me out under
8 > section 5.6).
11 ...
14 > Deliberiteness is not a requirement, my reason for voting was passively
15 > working against the interests of the foundation. My opinion is that
16 > adherance to compulsory voting is one metric to use to determin is
17 > someone is working for or against the foundation.
20 You seem to have missed me from your cull list. I haven't voted since 2006.
21 I have not had any notice that I've been removed from the Foundation, and -
22 if you're reading this - I would assume that I haven't been removed yet.
23
24 I want nothing to do with an organisation which believes that this is a
25 correct and proper way to conduct itself. You're supposed to be Trustees -
26 holding the Foundation in trust for the next generation. Out in the real
27 world, you'd be disbarred for acting like this. And rightly so. What you're
28 doing is abhorent, and an abuse of your office.
29
30 Please take this as notice that I am terminating my membership.
31
32 Stu,
33 Former Gentoo Trustee