From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 22:03:19
1 On 01/05/2017 03:56 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > As far as I understand, this would effectively require every developer
4 > to be a member of the Foundation. I think that Foundation membership is
5 > more legally binding than 'being a developer = having commit access'.
6 >
7 > One thing I'm particular worried about is the potential of 'US
8 > embargo'. What if a particular developer/recruit is/will not be legally
9 > allowed to be a member of Gentoo Foundation?
12 I think that this brings us more in line with the legal realities of
13 running a distro like this. We may want to be separate but don't think
14 that's actually the case. So we should stop pretending we are separate.
17 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)