From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Status Update of the Gentoo Foundation
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:50:29
1 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4
5 > 2. Bank Account
6 >
7 > Grant is working on the NetBank account for the Gentoo Foundation. Once an
8 > account is established (which, considering the
9 > we-are-no-501.3(c)6-yet-but-we-are-working-on-it status, is a bit more work
10 > than usual) a PayPal account will be created.
11
12 As I'm sure some people should have stated, we need to be very careful using
13 PayPal since they can be so crooked sometimes. They act as a bank, but don't
14 have to follow any of the regulations that any other bank does. Who ever is in
15 charge of keeping track of the PayPal account needs to make sure they watch
16 whats going on constantly. Unfortunately, PayPal is the main only online payment
17 system that most people use. If we could stay away from PayPal, that would be
18 superb, but I understand the need! We just need to be careful.
19
20 [snip]
23 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
24 Gentoo Infrastructure
25
26 ---
27 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
28 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
29
30 ramereth/irc.freenode.net