From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Status Update of the Gentoo Foundation
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:50:29
Sven Vermeulen wrote:

> 2. Bank Account > > Grant is working on the NetBank account for the Gentoo Foundation. Once an > account is established (which, considering the > we-are-no-501.3(c)6-yet-but-we-are-working-on-it status, is a bit more work > than usual) a PayPal account will be created.
As I'm sure some people should have stated, we need to be very careful using PayPal since they can be so crooked sometimes. They act as a bank, but don't have to follow any of the regulations that any other bank does. Who ever is in charge of keeping track of the PayPal account needs to make sure they watch whats going on constantly. Unfortunately, PayPal is the main only online payment system that most people use. If we could stay away from PayPal, that would be superb, but I understand the need! We just need to be careful. [snip] -- Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> Gentoo Infrastructure --- Public GPG key: <> Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742 ramereth/