From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins, leadership, etc.
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:57:48
1 On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Sergey Kuleshov wrote:
2 > I'd second almost everything Caleb said. I do feel, that Daniel should
3 > come back. And if he does I'll try to come back to the developers
4 > (which I left some time ago). not that I think this will make any
5 > difference, but just wanted to express my opinion as well.
6 >
7 > and when I hear peoples' concerns about handing him control of Gentoo,
8 > I have only one question in return - any better options? cause what we
9 > have now proved to be quite a failure.
10 We'll if Gentoo is such a failure why do users still bother to even post their
11 opinions?
12
13 Sure we've never really found the perfect organization for us (not with
14 drobbins nor without). In some areas we've had a bumpy ride and in many many
15 others progress is silently happening and others not so silent, ie see the
16 planet. Like other voluntary organizations progress speed can vary greatly.
17
18 Yet acknowledging that we have a problem doesn't make drobbin the silver
19 bullet. He already left the project twice.
20
21 Bringing on a president to rule all of Gentoo land which have a tradition of
22 being pretty independent and sometimes chaotic would be quite a change.
23
24 [snip]
27 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
28 Gentoo Linux Security Team