From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Copyright assignment and headers in ebuilds
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:39:34
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:35:34 -0800
Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
> I think the header is simply enough. > Btw when this same topic was a hot item before it was when "amir" and > drobbins were around. infact that sorta was the reason drobbins wanted > to collect copyright assignments from devs.
The last time this came up, the lawyer in question also said that people had to sign a huge contract (complete with their real name, and we all know how well that tends go down amongst certain people...) agreeing to turn over any computer they used to work on Gentoo on demand. Given that that clearly isn't the case, and given that people have succeeded in court actions involving Linux (copyright six zillion people), would it not be wise to consider getting advice from another source? -- Ciaran McCreesh