From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: Gentoo NFP <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Articles of Incorporation change: purpose of the foundation (doesn't mention Gentoo at all!)
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 17:12:55
1 Hey all,
2
3 one thing that I have always been wondering about - the purpose of the Gentoo
4 Foundation, as defined in the Articles of Incorporation [1] and referenced
5 e.g. in the bylaws, does not mention Gentoo at all!
6
7 Going by the given text, we could just donate all our money to the Perl
8 foundation and all would be good. Or not... This is actually a very strange
9 situation, and has been since the initial creation of the foundation.
10
11 ****
12 So... I'd like to hereby kick off the discussion that the purpose of the
13 Gentoo Foundation should be specified better in its Articles of Incorporation.
14 ****
15
16 Whatever conclusion we come to can then be filed as a change request to the NM
17 authorities.
18
19 Cheers, Andreas
22 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/
23 Foundation:Articles_of_Incorporation#Article_III_-_Purpose
27 Andreas K. Hüttel
28 dilfridge@g.o
29 Gentoo Linux developer
30 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)