From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Section 2.2 Other States
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:32:06
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 20:04 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote: >> >> Other countries have other laws and different ways of doing things. >> If we expand to other countries, it will be under their laws, not New >> Mexicos'. This has to be a US states thing. > > Yeah that's how I take things. So the current section I see as > pointless, and does not have any current application or reason to be > there. > > I say we drop, and add back if and when there are plans to establish > foundations in other US states. >
I concur, especially since all it really says is "if we establish elsewhere we'll do it according to the relevant local laws." That's a given. I agree Gentoo is far more likely to establish in another nation-state than a US state, since it's basically a global venture. Perhaps stating that as a possibility (or more simply that Gentoo is an international project) is a good idea, in the sense of establishing that it is part of the stated aims, so that any Board doing so would not be open to an accusation of acting ultra vires. -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list