From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Trademark License (name/logo usage) v2
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:01:22
1 >>>>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2016, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 > That being said, the Gentoo Foundation would like to go forward with
4 > the renewed trademark document, whose draft is currently at the
5 > following location:
6
7 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:SwifT/trademark
8
9 Some things I stumbled across while reading:
10
11 1. The current "Name and Logo Usage Guidelines" include a picture
12 of the "g" logo. Wouldn't this also be useful for the new trademark
13 document?
14
15 2. Section "Products and services serving the community" says "the
16 website or product does not use the official Gentoo logo or color
17 pallet in its design, except as provided for by earlier sections in
18 this license". This raises several questions:
19 - This is the first time the document mentions "the official Gentoo
20 logo or color pallet". So it's not clear to me what would be the
21 "earlier sections" that are referred to.
22 - Also, what is the "official Gentoo color pallet"? Shouldn't the
23 document define this, or at least reference it? Is it part of the
24 trademark? If not, why is it mentioned here?
25 - Isn't the painter's tool spelled "palette", whereas a "pallet" is
26 used when lifting goods with a forklift?
27
28 Ulrich