From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Re: Foundation reinstated
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:28:03
1 On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 21:13 +0100, Steve Long wrote:
2 >
3 > Well I'd argue Council is Executive body since the main work of the
4 > organisation is the technology (with perhaps infra as CTO) but that's an
5 > aside.
6
7 Infra would never qualify as CTO. But would fall under the Council's
8 sphere as they do now. Short of for funding requests, which the council
9 doesn't oversee. Infra would be CIO if anything.
10
11 Just for reference
12 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_technical_officer
13
14 The only diff here, being our CTO is a council or body. We could suggest
15 to the council, they appoint a lead. But that's really up to them. I
16 have no problem with the CTO as it applies to getting being a group
17 comprised of several. Versus a single person.
18
19 Now infra being identified as the CIO under the CTO is totally possible.
20 In fact under the responsibilities section of CTO above. It mentions it
21 could be in that order.
24 William L. Thomson Jr.
25 amd64/Java/Trustees
26 Gentoo Foundation