From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: Fw: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.3. Special Meetings
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:19:13
1 >
2 > Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:35:50 -0400
3 > From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
4 > To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
5 > Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
6 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.3. Special Meetings
9 > On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 21:16 +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote:
12 > > I believe we should establish a mailing list for foundation members
13 > > only just to handle this sort of situation. Maybe something like
14 > > foundation@g.o
15 >
16 > Pretty sure this is it :) I thought about mentioning that, but then
17 > that's just creating another list. When this one pretty much exists
18 > already for that purpose. So it's mostly a matter of making sure those
19 > on the member roster are also signed up to the -nfp mailing lists.
20 >
21 > Granted some have stated they don't want to be members. But those that
22 > are members. We can surely impose the requirement to be on -nfp. Almost
23 > have direct control over that via infra :). Short of them removing
24 > themselves, us adding them back, so on and so forth. :(
25 >
26 > > I don't see how to do a petition --- perhaps my
27 > > brain is numb by now --- but it would be a bit easier I think if we can
28 > > do it.
29 >
30 > Yeah, that's the ideal way to go for any group actions 10% or more of
31 > the members would like to see the foundation take or act upon. Meeting
32 > or not, but likely would be decided upon at a meeting. Indirect call for
33 > a meeting either way.
34 >
35 > But I am with you, I like to think of myself as creative. But have
36 > little to no thoughts atm how we could go about an electronic petition.
37 > What happens when I go into business mode from creative and
38 > development :(
39 >
40 > - --
41 > William L. Thomson Jr.
42 > amd64/Java/Trustees
43 > Gentoo Foundation
46 Here's a thought. Why not set up a Foundation-members-only forum and do
47 petitions there as a forum thread?
51 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
52 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)