From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-managers@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-managers] RE: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-managers] Re: [gentoo-nfp] I met with my lawyer
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:32:46
1 On 17 Apr 2004, at 02:51, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 >> I'm sorry that you view my past decisions to put Gentoo above
4 >> the needs of my family as "whining."
5 >
6 > Typo, this was not written correctly.
7 >
8 > s/my past decisions/mentioning the factual result of my past decisions/
9
10 Those were not my words, and it certainly wasn't intended that way.
11 With 'whining' I was referring to the fact that you were using 'huge
12 personal debt' as an excuse for 'unconditional' commercial usage of
13 trademarks etc.
14 With unconditional I meant that there were no guarantees that your FP
15 entity contributes back to gentoo, and you had already excluded means
16 of the NFP enforcing contributing back to gentoo (royalties).
17 If you would make extremely huge profits, we couldn't ask for a part if
18 you reinvested all the money in your FP entity again.
19
20 Best regards,
21
22 Pieter Van den Abeele