From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Nominations?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:08:03
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote: [Tue Jul 04 2006, 01:34:02PM CDT]
2 > What happens if we don't get any nomination? I know it's early but... well
3 > usually there are some early shots, and in 4 days we had nothing.
4 > This is strange to say the least.
5
6 Well, it will make thinning out the list of trustees much simpler.
7
8 I'll go ahead and nominate seemant and myself, and also wolf31o2 if he's
9 interested. Seemant has been working with the legal types to get our
10 IRS not-for-profit filing finished, and Chris has taken over the store
11 and been our trademark enforcement dude recently.
12
13 Assuming nobody complains too much, let's assume that the nominations
14 and elections for trustees will coincide with those for council members.
15 I'm still suggesting that we limit the number of trustees to 5, assuming
16 that we will quickly replace any trustees who depart during his or her
17 term. As for Foundation membership, that's still a tricky issue, since
18 the bylaws were never approved (and, in their current form, would not be
19 approved, since a quorum would be virtually unattainable). So, I'm
20 going to suggest we use the same terms as last year, which is that any
21 Gentoo dev who has been a dev for one year at the date of the election
22 is eligible to vote, and membership in the Foundation is automatically
23 granted to any eligible dev who does vote. Meanwhile, we'll put off
24 getting the bylaws revised and accepted until after the upcoming vote.
25
26 Comments, complaints, burnings in effigy?
27
28 Thanks,
29 g2boojum
30 --
31 Grant Goodyear
32 Gentoo Developer
33 g2boojum@g.o
34 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
35 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76