From: seemant <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Nomination for trustee
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 14:54:59
1 Hi All,
2
3 I would like to nominate Donnie Berkholz as a trustee. I am of the
4 opinion he was overlooked during the initial board's creation. Donnie,
5 as most of you know, is the leader of the X11 team, amongst other
6 developer related duties. He is also a member of DevRel, and is one of
7 the early developers to keep User Relations alive (back before user rel
8 actually existed). Through his continual contact via the forums,
9 bugzilla, irc and his ever popular weblog, donnie bridges the gap
10 between user and gentoo. Additionally, he is active on the freedesktop
11 effort that aims to unify the desktop standards across projects (both
12 extra-distro and inter-distro).
13
14 Apart from that, I believe Donnie has the maturity and objective
15 reasoning to be a valuable member of the Board of Trustees.
16
17 Thanks,
18
19 Seemant Kulleen