From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation membership, take 2
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:20:30
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 09:20:15AM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
> (Note: I'm cross-posting to -core, but I'd appreciate it if responses > could be on -nfp, since that way we have a public record.)
Yes, it's nice to see how many people actually read this request *shrug*
> Here's a revised version of Stuart's suggestion for a Foundation > membership policy: > > * All Gentoo devs are automatically Foundation members > * Each Foundation member must explicitly request his/her > right to vote on an annual basis.
I still don't like the idea that each Gentoo dev is a Foundation member. The 1 year period allows developers to integrate in the project, find out how the various projects interact, where the bottlenecks are, etc. People who are just brought on board for, lets say, managing sys-foo/bar, might not know how much efforts porting takes, or how documentation works. There is no way to be sure they know this after a year, but then they have had all the opportunities to get to know them (which isn't entirely possible if you're no Gentoo developer). I do agree on the explicit request to vote (voting members). Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation project leader The Gentoo Project <<< >>>

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation membership, take 2 Jochen Maes <sejo@g.o>