From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo and the GPL III
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:02:59
1 Hi Everyone,
2
3 I'd like to engage in a little discussion about the future of the
4 licenses that we license ebuilds under. In the beginnings of the
5 distribution, ebuilds and portage were licensed as "GPL v2 or later".
6 Two or so years ago, we dispensed with the "or later" business. Now that
7 it is later, and there is a GPL beyond version 2, is GPL3 something we
8 should think about/talk about/consider for future work or switching
9 current work to?
10
11 Forgive me if this is a non-issue -- if it is, then it's dispensed with
12 already. If it is, then let the discussions begin :)
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 Seemant