From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-managers@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] CDs and t-shirts
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:56:03
> If you would make extremely huge profits, we couldn't ask for > a part if you reinvested all the money in your FP entity again.
It's hard to make extremely huge profits selling CDs of free software (and soon, t-shirts.) I don't think you may realize that having a NFP allows for much more funding potential than a basic CD/t-shirt business. The difference in potential is very much in favor of the NFP. If you know someone who is interested in running the store for the NFP, let me know. If I find a good job somewhere, or find something else to occupy me full-time, I'd like to be able to hand it off so that others can run it. It's not exactly thrilling to burn and ship CDs. The trademark licensing arrangement is there so I can make the determination of when to hand off the Store, rather than have someone else to make this determination. I do not see a big future in the CD printing and T-shirt business, and I'd be very surprised if the Gentoo Store becomes a long-term career for me. Sincerely, Daniel -- gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] CDs and t-shirts Corey Shields <cshields@×××××××.edu>
Re: [gentoo-nfp] CDs and t-shirts Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>