From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Next meeting; a motion to have 1 type of Gentoo member.
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 02:33:02
1 The foundation currently has 1 member type (in the bylaws) but Gentoo
2 itself still seems to have 2 (Gentoo staff and Ebuild developer)
3
4 This motion represents an idea that the community itself would only have 1
5 contributor type.
6
7 1) Contributors must take the staff quiz (which we should rename to the
8 contributor quiz.)
9
10 2) Contributors are encouraged to be foundation members, but membership is
11 not required. We may amend the contributor onboarding process to offer
12 foundation membership at the time they join Gentoo as a contributor.
13
14 3) Contributors that want access to the gentoo ebuild repository still need
15 to follow the normal recruiting process (ebuild quiz, mentor, 30 day
16 period.)
17
18 4) Contributors that do not want access to the gentoo ebuild repository
19 (because they contribute in other ways) do not need to take the ebuild
20 quiz. Its unclear if a 30 day grace period is required for non-ebuild
21 groups.
22
23 5) Existing developers and staff are rebranded as contributors.
24
25 If approved, I expect a few months of working with comrel to adjust
26 existing policy documents and recruiting guidelines to implement.
27
28 -A