From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Next meeting; a motion to have 1 type of Gentoo member.
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 02:33:02
The foundation currently has 1 member type (in the bylaws) but Gentoo
itself still seems to have 2 (Gentoo staff and Ebuild developer)

This motion represents an idea that the community itself would only have 1
contributor type.

1) Contributors must take the staff quiz (which we should rename to the
contributor quiz.)

2) Contributors are encouraged to be foundation members, but membership is
not required. We may amend the contributor onboarding process to offer
foundation membership at the time they join Gentoo as a contributor.

3) Contributors that want access to the gentoo ebuild repository still need
to follow the normal recruiting process (ebuild quiz, mentor, 30 day
period.)

4) Contributors that do not want access to the gentoo ebuild repository
(because they contribute in other ways) do not need to take the ebuild
quiz. Its unclear if a 30 day grace period is required for non-ebuild
groups.

5) Existing developers and staff are rebranded as contributors.

If approved, I expect a few months of working with comrel to adjust
existing policy documents and recruiting guidelines to implement.

-A