From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] List of items to be addressed by audit
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:04:17
1 On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 15:44 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 20:32 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I think we will have to agree to differ over the optimum number of
5 > > trustees. The Foundation started out with 13 and as we all know, that
6 > > didn't work very well.
7 >
8 > Again the articles of incorporation state such, you can argue with that
9 > all you like. Bylaws are moot, and articles are on file with the state
10 > usually.
11
12 Its the articles of incorporation that establish the Trustees. Otherwise
13 they do not exist as far as the state or anyone is concerned. The bylaws
14 are moot compared to articles of incorporation. Which are on file with
15 the state.
16
17 http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/articles.xml#doc_chap8
18
19 Its becoming quite clear, many lack knowledge in these manners.
22 William L. Thomson Jr.
23 Obsidian-Studios, Inc.
24 http://www.obsidian-studios.com