From: Matthew Summers <matthew.summers@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nominations (take 2)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:43:10
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:44 +1100, Paul de Vrieze wrote: > >> As another point though. In The Netherlands it is common for these kinds of >> foundations to have an advisary council. Basically the job is to make sure >> that the actual board does what it should do, and to prevent knowledge >> leaving with the election of new trustees. I think that the new trustees >> should consider such an advisory council (in light of what happened to >> trigger this). In such a case I would be willing to be a part of such >> council. >> > > I think I mentioned advisers to the board briefly on the > #gentoo-trustees IRC channel. I agree having advisers would be ideal. > >
I simply wish to offer my services in an advisory role to the trustees. I have experience running organizations, as well as a great deal of experience in the non-profit world, particularly with grants & fund raising. With this, I suppose I should take the staff quiz, as I am interested in taking on some responsibilities relating to Gentoo. I have posted some of my ideas to this list, & Mr. Joshua Jackson syndicated that post to his blog, here: Whats more, I have the motivation, time, & connections to make the ideas I covered in the above post happen. I would love the opportunity to collaborate with the trustees & developers to make Gentoo just a bit better. I love Gentoo & I want to do my part to help! I hope you will find my input noteworthy, & take me up on my offer. Best Regards, Matthew Summers -- Matthew W. Summers Chief Executive Officer & Systems Engineer Liquidus Tech, LLC 309 N. Jefferson Ave. Suite 378 Springfield, MO 65806 matthew.summers@××××××××××××.com -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list