From: Matthew Summers <matthew.summers@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nominations (take 2)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:43:10
1 William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:44 +1100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 >
4 >> As another point though. In The Netherlands it is common for these kinds of
5 >> foundations to have an advisary council. Basically the job is to make sure
6 >> that the actual board does what it should do, and to prevent knowledge
7 >> leaving with the election of new trustees. I think that the new trustees
8 >> should consider such an advisory council (in light of what happened to
9 >> trigger this). In such a case I would be willing to be a part of such
10 >> council.
13 > I think I mentioned advisers to the board briefly on the
14 > #gentoo-trustees IRC channel. I agree having advisers would be ideal.
17 I simply wish to offer my services in an advisory role to the trustees.
18 I have experience running organizations, as well as a great deal of
19 experience in the non-profit world, particularly with grants & fund
20 raising. With this, I suppose I should take the staff quiz, as I am
21 interested in taking on some responsibilities relating to Gentoo. I
22 have posted some of my ideas to this list, & Mr. Joshua Jackson
23 syndicated that post to his blog, here:
24 http://tsunam.org/2008/01/21/guest-post-matthew-summers/
25
26 Whats more, I have the motivation, time, & connections to make the ideas
27 I covered in the above post happen. I would love the opportunity to
28 collaborate with the trustees & developers to make Gentoo just a bit
29 better. I love Gentoo & I want to do my part to help!
30
31 I hope you will find my input noteworthy, & take me up on my offer.
32
33 Best Regards,
34
35 Matthew Summers
38 Matthew W. Summers
39
40 Chief Executive Officer & Systems Engineer
41 Liquidus Tech, LLC
42 309 N. Jefferson Ave. Suite 378
43 Springfield, MO 65806
44 matthew.summers@××××××××××××.com