From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation and Gentoo e.V. (Was: Gentoo Foundation Trustees nominations)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 14:14:35
1 On 2017.07.13 14:17, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 [snip]
3 >
4 > The more traditional approach would be something like this:
5 >
6 > Gentoo Foundation (US)
7 > - Distro Ops Team (Council)
8 [snip]
9 > - Legal
10 > - Subsidiary Relations Team
11 > - e.V
12 > - Umbrella org 1
13 > - Gentoo run subsidiary in random country
14 >
15 > (You could of course put any of the legal entities on the top and the
16 > US foundation underneath too.)
17 >
18 > In this model (which is how most multinational companies operate)
19 > there would be formal legal control.
20 [snip]
21
22 > --
23 > Rich
28 Rich,
29
30 As you have said before (I don't have a quote handy) that regardless
31 of the organisation we publish, US courts may see it that way anyway.
32
33 I'm not in a hurry to find out though, since it would mean asking an
34 American court.
37 Regards,
38
39 Roy Bamford