From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] PSF trademark usage page
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:20:42
1 On 11/22/06, Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> wrote:
2 > The Python folks just put up a trademark usage page that's rather more
3 > detailed than our own: http://www.python.org/psf/trademarks/
4 >
5 > Any thoughts on how much, if any, we want to steal from them?
6
7 Before we get into that, how sure are we that our existing guidelines
8 are sufficient to ensure that the Gentoo trademark can't be overturned
9 through the courts? If we can get that assurance as a first step (we
10 probably have it already), then that gives us a solid foundation to
11 build on.
12
13 We also need to resolve the issue of the Gentoo trademark having been
14 registered in the E.U. I'm not sure where we are with that issue.
15
16 Best regards,
17 Stu
18 --