From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] 2016 Trustee Election
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:48:13
1 On 2016.06.22 06:04, David Abbott wrote:
2 [snip]
3
4 > I'm hereby nominating, in alphabetical order:
5 >
6 [snip]
7
8 > neddyseagoon
9
10 [snip]
11 >
12 > --
13 > David Abbott (dabbott)
14 > Gentoo Foundation Secretary
15 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/
19 David,
20
21 Thank you for the nomination. For personal reasons, it is in
22 the best interests of the Foundation that I do not serve another term
23 at this time.
24
25 I shall step down as a trustee and chairman of the Gentoo Foundation
26 at the Annual General Meeting on 21 Aug 2016.
27
28 I'll still be around if anyone wants me. I am not leaving Gentoo.
29
30 I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage any US citizens
31 with an interest in managing a US Not for Profit to put their names
32 forward as candidates. The board has only two US citizens and
33 some roles are reserved by statute to US citizens.
34
35 Its been fun and I don't rule out seeking re-election once this period
36 of personal uncertainty is over. Meanwhile, its in the best interests
37 of the Gentoo Foundation that I stand down at this time.
40 Regards,
41
42 Roy Bamford
43 (Neddyseagoon) a member of