From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: elections@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:30:50
1 On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:42:46 -0700 Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > I understand that Trustees have a different role than Council members,
3 > but given the difficulties in resolving some organizational issues for
4 > the Foundation over the years, wouldn't it be easier for Foundation
5 > members to choose their candidate(s) with some idea of what the
6 > candidate(s) intend to do as Trustee? I see the wiki page for the
7 > election includes a field for a manifesto, yet no nominee has one.
8 >
9 > It may give the Foundation a little momentum and encourage
10 > participation. Thoughts?
11
12 I fully support this. Manifestos help to understand nominees
13 better: what is their vision, how are they going to deal with
14 problems, what is their qualification. Not all activities are
15 easily visible, so manifestos help here well enough.
16
17 The Foundation has some long-standing issues, e.g. lack of
18 financial reports since 2013 and if I remember Gentoo miniconf in
19 Prague last year correctly, we have some accounting problems as
20 well. It would be nice to see how nominees are going to help with
21 this if they can.
22
23 I also want to ask the Elections team to maintain the Trustees
24 election wiki page with nominees manifestos the same way it was
25 done for the Council election.
26
27 Best regards,
28 Andrew Savchenko