From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] SheBang script
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:39:43
A small update on the workings of this script:
I found out that for example:
#!/usr/bin/env awk -f
doesn't work as the shell (bash and tcsh) seem to split on the first
space, and passes "awk -f" as argument to env, which in turn doesn't
find a command called "awk -f".

I haven't found a solution for this problem yet, but I think that
/usr/bin/env is not the solution to our problem here.  We either need to
write our own version of 'env' that does what we want, or maybe find our
way through another program, perhaps a shell like /bin/sh.  (I think we
need to keep it portable...)

-- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list