From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:20:49
On 22-03-2006 00:07:09 -0600, Kito wrote:
> >I assume you're asking about the versions of ebuilds for gcc? I'm > >using the portage tree that the wiki points to. > > Sorry, I haven't used the vanilla gcc yet, just the apple branch. Can you paste > the output of emerge -pev gcc please? > > Fabian do you have any advice on a Fedora bootstrap? I've only tested prefix on > Gentoo/ppc, which is probably cheating ;)
First, I think the pycrypto crap is due to not having python from portage installed. I think I did that first. Second, I think it's fairly important to get both GCC and binutils built in the prefix, because they control the behaviour of where to find files and stuff. I know binutils isn't working fully correct at the moment, but it allowed me to come quite far. I just recall that I priorised on these things, because getting a build environment that is portage controlled, makes the assumptions of the tree come true. Third, the first days toying with my Fedora install was just hacking around, cheating with symlinks and stuff, and getting as much of the symlinks replaced by portage versions. Some things suddently started to work after I for instance installed gawk in my prefix. (Symlink wasn't good enough?!? No idea on that.) So concluding, I guess I should spend some time in doing it from scratch again, and keeping a much better log around of the steps I took. Maybe exg's bootstrap scripts can help speeding that up. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list