From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] CHOST variable
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:14:11
1 On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 07:10:41PM +0200, Grobian wrote:
2 > Folks,
3 >
4 > It appears that our (ancient) installer installs an /etc/make.conf file
5 > with CHOST="powerpc-apple-darwin".
6 >
7 > This is not optimal for Panther and Tiger systems, and should be
8 > powerpc-apple-darwin[78] for those systems respectively.
9 >
10 > This should be documented somewhere on our Wiki (who can do this?) and
11 > it should eventually be initially set at the bootstrap during the
12 > installation.
13 Any possibility of creating a new installer?
14 Iirc, there are a couple other things that are screwy with it...
15 ~harring