From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Ready to go on Ubuntu...
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:12:50
On 07-04-2006 08:30:39 +0200, Grobian wrote:
> On 06-04-2006 16:58:41 -0700, m h wrote: > > Also, any update from the bootstrap script side? ;) > > I made some changes to beautify it, but I haven't tested it yet on > linux. It should detect Linux itself now, but I think there are some > bugs in it still. So, bleeding edge, but you seem to like that, so go > go go :)
Sorry, I forgot. That's the problem with wikis IMHO, I made some extensions to "the" wiki page. I hope they are still there, but they describe some ideas of changing the bootstrap process somehow, such that the newly created prefix isn't spoiled with bootstrap junk. Also, on linux, binutils should be added to the current bootstrap, but I'd like to figure out if the provided linker can't be used for that to speed up bootstrapping. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Ready to go on Ubuntu... m h <sesquile@×××××.com>