From: Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] OSX version
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:54:13
Grobian wrote:
> That ebuild is wrong. For ppc-macos is calls ./configure instead of > econf, and I know why, because configure appears to hang in a loop if > you use econf. After I 'fixed' this problem make ran without problems > on Tiger for me.
Funny. I circumvented econf because it wouldn't build on Panther. ./configure worked just fine. I don't have a Panther machine to test this on, though I will give it some time this afternoon. I would like to point out that we have the potential for all the same kinds of issues as a merged x86/amd46 team would have, regarding binary incompatibility and keywording. Not the the extent of that team, but difficulties none the less. Food for thought. Thanks, Grobian, btw. -Nick -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] OSX version Grobian <grobian@g.o>