From: Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] OSX version
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:54:13
1 Grobian wrote:
2 > That ebuild is wrong. For ppc-macos is calls ./configure instead of
3 > econf, and I know why, because configure appears to hang in a loop if
4 > you use econf. After I 'fixed' this problem make ran without problems
5 > on Tiger for me.
6
7 Funny. I circumvented econf because it wouldn't build on Panther.
8 ./configure worked just fine.
9
10 I don't have a Panther machine to test this on, though I will give it
11 some time this afternoon.
12
13 I would like to point out that we have the potential for all the same
14 kinds of issues as a merged x86/amd46 team would have, regarding binary
15 incompatibility and keywording. Not the the extent of that team, but
16 difficulties none the less.
17
18 Food for thought.
19