From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] LDFLAGS confusing configure
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:43:15
Hey Folks-

I'm running latest PREFIX (as of Friday) on Ubuntu.  I've run into an
issue that I hadn't run into previously on RHEL or FC3.  When trying
to emerge gzip, the configure fails complaining that it can't make c

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
check `config.log' for details.

When running the configure by hand (using the provided options it
works).  The issue appears to be that config.log shows the following
being set:

ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=' -L/opt/portage/Apr7/lib -lz'

These don't appear when configure is being run by hand.  An because
libz isn't found in that location (EPREFIX=/opt/portage/Apr7) it's

Any suggestions?