From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] LDFLAGS confusing configure
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:43:15
1 Hey Folks-
2
3 I'm running latest PREFIX (as of Friday) on Ubuntu. I've run into an
4 issue that I hadn't run into previously on RHEL or FC3. When trying
5 to emerge gzip, the configure fails complaining that it can't make c
6 executables:
7
8 checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
9 cannot create executables
10 check `config.log' for details.
11
12 When running the configure by hand (using the provided options it
13 works). The issue appears to be that config.log shows the following
14 being set:
15
16 ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=set
17 ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=' -L/opt/portage/Apr7/lib -lz'
18
19 These don't appear when configure is being run by hand. An because
20 libz isn't found in that location (EPREFIX=/opt/portage/Apr7) it's
21 failing.
22
23 Any suggestions?
24