From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] User account management
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:46:40
1 Hi,
2
3 In the past, I had already some implementation for that, where
4 enewuser()/enewgroup() in case of not being root (uid zero) used some
5 'root.sh' file, containing real commands for the target-userland to be
6 executed by real-root, as well as easy-to-parse comments containing the
7 arguments of previous enewuser/enewgroup calls.
8
9 What was missing there: to empty the file once it was executed by
10 real-root user, because i had no need yet to really add the users as i
11 did not need to start some daemons installed from prefix-portage yet.
12
13 But i needed this temporary "passwd-database" to have egetent()
14 recognize not-yet-physically-executed enewuser() calls in addition to
15 real getent-calls.
16
17 In the attached 'eutils.eclass' look for access to file
18 'var/spool/emerge/doasroot' and calls to edoasroot().
19
20 -- haubi
21 PS: I'm happy to be back again to prefix-portage, currently trying to
22 get some portage-alt-prefix packages to fly on x86-redhat-linux.
23