From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] SheBang script
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:33:37
On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:06:03AM -0500, Kito wrote:
> > On Sep 13, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Grobian wrote: > [...] > > ># This script searches for executable script files in the given > ># directory and all its sub-directories and tries to process them in > ># such a way, that the actual PATH environment controls how they are > ># executed. An example would be a script file having at the first > >line: > > Ok, I was thinking something along these lines to handle > install_names for executables and dylibs as well, basically just loop > over the ${D} and either warn or fix if install_names contain paths > outside the global prefix. > > Brian: Is this sort of thing best handled in bash ala bashrc, or is > there a good entry point in the portage code to plug this stuff in > pythonically?
Kicking around something that would allow setups the ability to plug in chunks of code for doing things prior/post merge... So, hooking within the python side would be possible, and prefered. Basically is how collision-protect/setuid scans will be implemented, and probably triggering ldconfig runs even (assuming it works sanely). Less cruft jammed into bash, the better. :) ~harring

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] SheBang script Grobian <grobian@g.o>