From: Lina Pezzella <J4rg0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] Arch Testing Policy and Procedures
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:40:12

Our apologies for the tardiness of this e-mail; we have been
preoccupied with moving back to college this last week.

We have thrown together some draft documentation[1] regarding our
expectations for ppc-macos arch testers. We have purposely neglected
to include policy and procedures for dealing with stable keywords
pending the current reevaluation of our decision to maintain them.
For all interested, please review the document and tell us what you
think. The faster we can all agree on policy and procedures, the
faster we can get arch testers on board.

For those that missed the initial arch tester discussion, the hope is
that having a dedicated group of arch testers will improve QA as well
as free up developers to solve design and porting issues rather than
keyword requests and package testing. It is also a great place for
potential new developers to gain experience with the project.

More policy and procedure documentation to come.

- --Lina Pezzella && Hasan Khalil
Ebuild & Porting Co-Leads
Gentoo for OS X

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~gongloo/macos/doc/at-procedures.html