From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] OSX only packages: where to store them?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:22:26
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm opening a discussion on this subject of where to store packages that
4 will only work on OSX. Examples of such packages are Dirk Shoenberger's
5 qt-mac package [1] (which works by the way), and a package I just made:
6 sharedmenuscocoa (which is a requirement to build Camino), and the
7 package I want to have: Camino itself. They all make no sense on
8 anything but OSX, and perhaps a tiny little bit on GNUstep environments,
9 but I doubt that for now.
10
11 Question for now is whether we want to add these packages to some
12 separate tree, either within or outside of Gentoo, or have them in the
13 main tree. In the latter case, we can make a separate category
14 (macos-only?) to put them in, or try to mix them in the tree (where
15 would qt-mac fit? and should it require a virtual because it provides
16 qt?)
17
18 Thoughts, opinions? I'd like to have Mozilla list on their site you can
19 use Gentoo for Mac OS X too, so that would require us to have the
20 packages they need in the tree :)
23 [1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/123240
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project