From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Attempt to use prefix on linux as secondary...
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:11:00
1 Brian -
2 Thanks for chiming in here. And thanks for your efforts. (I was able
3 to meet Seemant in India two weeks ago, and he couldn't say enough
4 good about you).
5
6 On 12/16/05, Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o> wrote:
7 > On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 05:51:26PM -0800, m h wrote:
8 > > While I'm firing off questions, any hints as to why there are no
9 > > ebuilds to satisfy bash? (I'm starting through the depgraph code, but
10 > > it is hairy and ugly....)
11 > prefix portage _only_ allows using EAPI="prefix" ebuilds right now.
12 >
13 > Down the line, if prefix is approved/integrated, then an actual EAPI
14 > release will be used instead of the fake one created.
15 >
16 > Either way, why there are no ebuilds is due to portage automatically
17 > filtering out all ebuilds that lack a matching EAPI.
18 >
19 > It's a protection feature, if portage doesn't know of that EAPI level,
20 > it won't allow the user to use it.
21
22 As far as I understand EAPI is used to define a sort of super class
23 (in OO terms) for an ebuild. (Feel free to correct).
24 I'm using Kito's prefixed ebuilds, which have the line
25 EAPI="prefix"
26 in them.
27
28 I'm not specifying the overlay right now, but I'm sure there are other
29 environment errors. I'm assumming if I deal with them, this issue
30 will go away.
31
32 matt
35 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list