From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 05:34:55
Lina Pezzella wrote:
> > On Oct 10, 2005, at 6:19 PM, Mike wrote: > >> I want to make xorg-x11 available for mac-os or macos (whichever the > > If you're happy to let portage overwrite Apple-provided files (note: > dependencies may cause more files to be overwritten than you > anticipated) then you can do this by changing your profile to the > "Progressive" profile. This is easily done by setting the symlink > /etc/make.profile point to > /usr/portage/profiles/default-darwin/macos/progressive.
I think some people willl be interested in running Xorg instead of AppleX11. Knowing how to compile it is nice for when we will be able to install everything without collising like fink does.
>> 10.4.2 and Xcode 2.1 with gcc4 selected, so I will also have to read >> more into making ebuilds to know if you can use a gcc selector for 3.3
In general we don't consider switching to the 3.3 compiler an option. Everything must compile with the 4.0 compiler at the moment.
>> Now in closing let me say that I am excited about doing what I can for >> this project, I love gentoo linux, so this was only the next logical >> step for me. Let me know how I can help > > My current understanding is that the only active developer working on > the progressive profile is Kito. If you're interested in testing for
I'd say there is noone working on the progressive profile at the moment. As far as I know, Kito doesn't have a progressive setup as well. Hopefully the progressive profile will be deprecated eventually.