From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] SUCCESS!!! system installed
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:32:43
During a freak reversal of magnetic poles, the latest prefix code was
able to emerge the base system!

It involved doing everything previously mentioned in this week's spam thread.
To get around the gcc issue, gcc3.3.6 was installed.

The next issue was complaints about "-fno-stack-protector" available
on gcc.  The was no gcc binary in $PREFIX, so I resolved this by
adding a gcc symlink in $PREFIX to ${PREFIX}/usr/bin/gcc-3.3.6.

I hit the missing issue again, so I added
${PREFIX}/usr/lib/ to  LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

That along with a few ebuild foo.ebuild digest, and manually
downloading a few tarballs and putting them in distfiles allowed me to
finish emerge -av system.

Next task, get apache working.  Stay tuned....

ps - thanks a lot for your help grobian and kito!