From: Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] On keywording ppc-macos
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:16:06
Grobian wrote:
> I'd like to start a little discussion on keywording packages ppc-macos > (stable).
> So, what do you guys think? >
I generally agree with your comments. I haven't marked clisp stable because even I haven't had time to muck with it much. This is very much a work in progress; "stable" gives, I think, much false hope. In my experience, broken packages from the stable line are quite common (I lack examples currently) and do us no credit. Further, I think it wise to consider OSX versions in keywording: things which work just fine for devs using Panther appear to break in Tiger, and vice-versa (again, no specific examples). This is a separate issue, however I think it is something we all should remember before marking a package "stable". -Nick Dimiduk -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list