From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Arch Testers, Fabian's Proposal, Election Details
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:08:50
1 On Aug 15, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Hasan Khalil wrote:
2
3 > For a while now, we've been thinking that iniviting a few of of our
4 > leading bug-solvers to be ppc-macos arch testers would be great for
5 > efficienty and all that jazz. What do you guys and girls think
6 > about bringing some AT's on board (we want both official devs' and
7 > non-offical-devs' opinions here). This would allow us developers to
8 > tackle porting packages that don't work on ppc-macos out of the
9 > box, and still get through the maze of "package foo works on ppc-
10 > macos" bugs. This would also be a great way to quickly address some
11 > of the QA problems Fabian mentioned in his recent post about a
12 > testing system, as well as a good way to get to know some promising-
13 > looking dev candidates.
14
15 Sounds like a good idea.
18 > On that note, we were both happy to see Fabian's proposal hit the
19 > mailing list, as well as the openness with which it was greeted.
20 > Please keep all of us on this ML posted with the catalyst on ppc-
21 > macos port progress.
22
23 Good to see Mom and Dad happy :p
24
25 Relevant progress reports will probably remain on that thread I would
26 assume.
29 > In terms of the elections for Gentoo for Mac OS X project leads
30 > that we discussed in previous threads, since there have been no
31 > other nominations, are there any objections to us taking the
32 > positions and getting to work on the points we mentioned in our
33 > candidacy e-mail? Please let us know one way or another.
34 > Alternatively, if anyone wants to throw in a last-minute candidacy
35 > pitch, please do so now! If no one objects or announces candidacy
36 > within a week, we'll make an announcement on -dev and change the
37 > project page as necessary.
38
39 Sounds like you guys are going to do this regardless, so why wait a
40 week?
43 > --
44 >
45 > Hasan Khalil && Lina Pezzella