From: Nimish Pachapurkar <npac@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 00:08:58
exg@g.o wrote:
>> Okay, I have Portage working reasonably well on Cygwin now. The changes >> I made mostly involve fixing places where root has been hard-coded to >> "/". There are a couple of other fixes also. I would like to submit the >> patch. > > The latest snapshot is > > > > Even if it is a bit old, I should have no problem in porting the changes > to svn. >
Thank you for the snapshot link. I am attaching the cygwin patch here. Please let me know if there are any comments or questions about any specific fixes. Some notes: 1. I have disabled the install_qa_checks on Cygwin for now, since that takes forever to complete even for very small packages. 2. Also, the unlocking for tuples almost invariably fails on Windows. However, that does not create any trouble in most cases. I have changed the code so that such failures are silently ignored. Otherwise, it is very annoying to see the builds failing for no apparent reason. 3. Move cannot be performed on windows if the target file exists. I have ignored such rename attempts. Thanks, - Nimish

File name MIME type
portage-prefix-2.1.14_cygwin.patch text/x-patch