From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Test results from x86-macos
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:06:44
On 10-09-2006 10:10:22 -0400, Chris L. Mason wrote:
> Okay, after my one-line fix to the bootstrap script, I got stuff > installed and then I followed the steps in the wiki, manually adding a > "~x86-macos" keyword where needed. > > Up until the coreutils step, everything worked fine. > > With coreutils (5.94-r3) I get this error: > > /gentoo/usr/lib/portage/bin/ line 1: /gentoo/bin/expr: No > such file or directory
This is true, actually. I had it myself, but facked it by making a symlink. Copying like you did works too.
> Okay, so I manually fixed this by copying /bin/expr to > /gentoo/bin/expr. Then it compiles a bunch of stuff and fails with: > > gcc -g -O2 -o csplit csplit.o ../lib/libcoreutils.a > ../lib/libcoreutils.a > /gentoo/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols: > _re_compile_pattern > _re_search
Interesting, I should have had them too. I'll try to recompile them.
> Any suggestions?
You could try and play a dirty trick by using LDFLAGS -undefined dynamic_lookup but that might result in traps during runtime.
> Thanks,
Thank you for diving into it. Can you produce a list of ebuilds that you keyworded so I can commit them to the tree? -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Test results from x86-macos "Chris L. Mason" <clmason@×××××.com>