From: Nimish Pachapurkar <npac@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:09:48
Hello All,

I was trying to get PREFIX portage to work on Cygwin on Windows (XP). I
am facing some issues in the process. Has anyone tried this before with
Prefix Portage? I found that there is a project specifically for this
purpose at but that does not seem to
support Prefix version of portage.

Any pointers in this regard would be appreciated.

Specifically today, I am facing a problem while emerging anything. I get
an error saying that I am trying to emerge a package with a syntax error
or corrupt ebuild file (which is definitely not the case). Also, emerge
refuses to proceed with any dependency analysis whatsoever.