From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Arch Testing Policy and Procedures
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:27:59
1 Thanks for saying what I wanted to say in human readable English. You
2 have exactly pointed out what I wanted to point out in considerably less
3 'code'.
4
5 On Wed, September 7, 2005 06:39, Finn Thain wrote:
8 > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Grobian wrote:
9 >
10 >> I have the impression that a few major things *have* to be done. This
11 >> requires 'action' and taking discisions that probably not everyone is
12 >> going to be happy with.
13 >
14 > Yes. You also made this point earlier in the thread, but it got snipped
15 > (I'll repeat it here:)
16 >
17 >> > > If Mike Frysinger would jump in today or tomorrow, here in this
18 >> > > team, we'd have to listen to "OSX sucks" all day long, but also "if
19 >> > > we do it like this, then it works, even on osx".
20 >
21 > And that is one of the main reasons why, in big business, an executive or
22 > team of executives from outside the organisation (often from overseas)
23 > might be installed by a board to do a particular job (e.g. a
24 > reorganisation).
25 >
26 > This is not always because the vision or ability is lacking in-house, it
27 > is because no-one in-house wants the job (makes to many enemies to say
28 > "gentoo-macos sucks"), or because noone in-house will be given sufficient
29 > respect ("he is just one of us, and we don't see a problem") or because
30 > noone in-house can be trusted to do it (doesn't really apply here, since
31 > nepotism and corruption aren't the issue).
34 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list