From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:22:07
1 On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
2 > Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
3 > see it in the ebuilds....
4
5 Yep sure I do!
6
7 I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem
8 somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google.
9
10 You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack
11 protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I
12 think now I now again what the problem is.
13
14 You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because:
15 to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for
16 that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler.
17
18 So, what you need to do, is setup yourself the basic symlinks to the
19 Gentoo compiler, instead of the files you installed manually.
20
21 I remember I made a bunch of symlinks to the Gentoo gcc, and then it
22 worked flawlessly.
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
28 --