From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] some portage-prefix patches
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:13:43
exg, thanks for looking into this.  One thing I can answer:

On 01-08-2006 15:06:59 +0200, exg@g.o wrote:
> > [03-eprefix-function.patch] (normal) > > Well, eprefix() was not yet present in 2.1.14, but may be already > > somewhere in svn (if it exists somewhere). > > To get this yet trivial implementation work, [10-portageq-root.patch] is > > required. > > What is a constant function that always returns the value of EPREFIX if > the input pkg is in the vdb useful for?
It's simply a preparation for multi-prefix support, e.g. eprefix myapplication that would allow to have a --with-mylib=$(eprefix sys-libs/mylib) in your configure or something. At least that was the cool idea we once had, iirc. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list