From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] some portage-prefix patches
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:53:59
Thanks for looking through/applying the patches!

Which repository do you use ?
There've been discussions on the list where to host the repository - did
I miss something ?

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 15:06 +0200, exg@g.o wrote:
> > [01-defaultpath.patch] (minor) > > Also add "${prefix}/lib/portage/bin" to DEFAULT_PATH, to simplify > the > > bootstrap process. > > I do not see how it can aid bootstrap.
Well, I do not use the bootstrap-script from the tree, but keep using my toolsbox, which very-initially was used to bootstrap prefix-portage. Here I install portage (and bash,wget,sandbox,python,...) to a different prefix than the domain-prefix I give to portage's configure, to have a fully portage-managed prefix. It was a bit easier for me to have this in default path too.
> > > [02-ebuildenv-ROOT.patch] (minor) > > Moved trailing 'os.sep' from EDEST to ROOT. > > What is it needed for?
This is to be compatible with upstream-portage: in some ebuilds I found tweaks using "${ROOT}usr/bin", failing if ROOT doesn't have trailing slash (sys-devel/libperl, dev-lang/perl, net-nds/openldap, ...). The removal from EDEST is not really necessary, just for some double-slash prettyness.
> > [04-interactive-ebuild.patch] (enhancement) > > The most interesting one: Add interactive-feature to portage, usage: > > FEATURES=interactive emerge package > > FEATURES=interactive ebuild package.ebuild [unpack|compile| > install|...] > > This is not prefix specific; you should send it to the > gentoo-portage-dev mailing list.
> > [11-rpath-autofix.patch] (normal) > > Do the "Auto fixing rpath" thing for to-be-merged files, not for > already > > merged ones. > > Ditto. >
Sure, but I do not have this patches for upstream-portage yet, as I need and use them for prefix-portage. How much has portage-prefix-2.1.14 to do with official portage-2.1 (from the SVN-POV) ?
> > [12-readonly-tree.patch] (normal) > > Fix situations where the ebuild cannot be copied twice if tree is > > readonly. Maybe the second ebuild-cp could be removed. > > Ditto.
For the readonly tree I have to say that I have an improved sandbox, also wrapping the stat()-call, removing write-permission on readonly files. Will paste the sandbox-patches soon, but I'm unsure yet if they are ready for upstream-sandbox.
> > > [05-checked-binaries.patch] (normal) > > Use the binaries figured out by configure for > sandbox/bash/mv/prelink. > > No, we want a path lookup for those to have some flexibility, > especially > for bash.
Can't remember what the real issue was to me, will do some more testing without this patch.