From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Prefix tree locaiton
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:57:04
1 On 18-08-2006 11:43:24 -0400, Armando Di Cianno wrote:
2 > ... oh, did you take over the GNUstep ebuilds? If so, good. It's
3 > not something I wanted to drop, but I found I was fixing more GNUstep
4 > bugs, than writing ebuilds, and then life got in the way ...
5
6 Ahem... It's offtopic, but it's a pain.
7
8 > >I'd be very very very happy if we could get some movement here, so if
9 > >you folks can start, please do! I will help wherever that is
10 > >possible.
11 >
12 > It would be helpful to have read access to, or at least daily
13 > snapshots of, all pertinent resources. Firstly, the prefix-enabled
14 > portage. Secondly, I'm not sure if a prefix-enabled ebuild tree was
15 > started or not, but if it's needed I can help set one up on one of my
16 > servers, or *shudder* on my dreamhost account, otherwise, access to
17 > the current one would be great.
18
19 We have daily snapshots here:
20 http://gentoo.osuosl.org/experimental/snapshots/portage-alt-prefix-latest.tar.bz2
21 I believed anon access was set up, but might as well not be (another
22 reason for me to make a sync repo that does allow it).
23 The prefixed portage sources might be a little out of date, and I plan
24 to make a new snapshot available soon (am currently in the process of
25 building on my Dual Athlon64/Fedora Core, the bootstrap script at least
26 seems to work like a charm)
27
28 > Can this be arranged fairly quickly?
29
30 Does above help? I plan to poll gentoo's infra people pretty soon to at
31 least ask if they mind replicating the whole life portage tree in SVN so
32 we can do diffing on branches. (If not, I will _have_ to do it myself.)
35 Fabian Groffen
36 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
37 --
38 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list